Thursday, July 31, 2008

Day 9

Thursday

Today really was, well, uneventful. Boring probably isn’t the right word, because we did have fun, but we didn’t do a whole lot. The kids played outside, I got to sleep in, and then we visited one of my best friends from high school who also happened to be home visiting her mom. We haven’t seen each other for fifteen years, but as soon as she opened the door, we picked right up where we left off and it seemed more like we were catching up after just a couple of weeks away instead of a decade and a half. (Yikes! That makes me feel old.) We had a great visit that was way too short, catching up on each other’s lives and talking about where old friends were. My kids all played on her parents’ trampoline, and then when they got hungry, we headed back home to the farm. The kids are alternating between playing outside and playing video games.

We were originally going to head over the mountains to Olympia tonight, but that’s changed, and Zach and Walter want to float down the Yakima River tomorrow in Ellensburg. They’re going to go and find rafts and life jackets for all of us. I’m a little bit hesitant about this, but I guess it could be fun. I love water and rafting, but taking six kids with us, that part I’m not so sure about. This should be interesting…

Total miles traveled: 25. My mom’s farm really isn’t close to anything, so even visiting friends means 30 minutes in the car.

No comments: