Saturday, August 2, 2008

Day 11

Slept in, got all the kids dressed up, drove to a wedding. My oldest nephew, who is 27, got married today to a beautiful girl who seems very nice. (Yes, for those of you wondering about the math, I’ve been an aunt since I was five.) It was a very pleasant wedding and reception, and I got to see my oldest sister Cris, who I’ve seen maybe twice in the last ten years. My dad drove up from Arizona, since four of his children and eleven of his grandkids were there. I don’t see him often either, so it was quite an enjoyable afternoon.

Isaiah, my sister’s 2-year-old, is right in the middle age-wise between Levi and Lily. He’s struggling, staying here with us, because he’s an only child who doesn’t ever really have to share, and he frequently wants cars or toys that my kids have. Levi is not good at sharing either and the two of them are frequently arguing over Lightning McQueen and Mater. As it turns out, Levi is also very protective of Lily. Just now, Isaiah was patting Lily and trying to be nice to her, but his patting got a little rough. Levi came over and put his hands on his hips and said sternly, “That’s MY little baby sister. You be nice or you be in timeout!” I’m glad to know he’ll be Lily’s protector!

Jeff and the boys are playing something called Kingdom Hearts with my nephew, Alex. I have no idea what it is, other than it’s Disney-related, but it’s rare that a game comes along that Jeff will actually sit and play for 30 minutes with the kids. Not my thing at all, but at least they’re enjoying themselves.

Total miles today: 70. Not terribly exciting, eh?

1 comment:

theartsymom said...

Girl I am totally wiped out reading all that you have gotten to do and see. I am so tired for you. Glad everyone is still safe and getting along soon- ttl.