Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Day 28...The Aftermath

LOTS of mail to go through. Lots of bags to unpack. Sand in my van that needs to be swept out. Even more bags to unpack. I'll be gone today from 1pm to midnight, working my semiannual shift at the Divine Consign Arlington sale, so I don't think much will get done, unfortunately!

I've started uploading pictures, but there are quite a few of them. Posting all of them at once would leave me without sleep and my friends & family bored to tears, so I'll post just a few at a time. One state or location per day seems much more manageable!

With that said, here are a few from our first stop in Colorado:


My little happy camper. Actually, she was so happy to be out of the car that she didn't care where we were.

Our campsite & tent setup. Thankfully, the tent can be completely set up in twenty minutes with two adults. With one adult and four children, as we usually ended up with, it can take up to an hour!


Lily was less than pleased that she couldn't climb up this rock.

The sunset was incredible. You can even see our lovely pit toilet just to the right of center, if you look closely.

Our attempts to cook breakfast, complete with sun-in-my-eyes squinting from everyone!

No zoom on this picture! He was quite curious about my camera.



Lily did nothing but watch the "puppies" all morning.


This was where we went on our first official vacation hike, around Eleven Mile Reservoir.


Aspen was impressed with the fact that obviously, someone knew she was coming!


The kids found a rock cave, open on both ends, and decided it'd be a great place to eat our snack of raisins & cereal bars. Oddly enough, Jeff and I decided not to join them.


Lily was happy to stay in the carrier about half the time. We either got to see this angelic face, or hear her screams of protest. I much prefer this one...



This was the highest point of our hike. You can't tell from the picture, but there is a good 75-100 foot dropoff behind this rock. I was a wee bit nervous to have Levi running around up there.



Lily, of course, was oblivious to the scenery around her.



Not quite so oblivious to her brother, though. She's running away from him.



After our hike, and after we packed up camp, we went to pick up Andrew. This is the closing ceremonies at Camp Alexander, Colorado. This was our troop's first visit there, and during that week, our boys were one of six troops (of ten total, I think) from the Dallas-Fort Worth area.


If you know where to look, you can find Drew in the above picture. I almost didn't recognize him when the troop walked up! It's amazing how much he grew up in just a week.


1 comment:

Susan Thomas said...

I enjoyed the pictures! More please : )